Not exactly what you might be thinking...this involves no pretending, no faking, no mustering up emotions based on someone you are "trying" to portray or a story you are trying to tell. This is ALL real, ALL right now, and ALL about a story that's already been told. The role is never filled or already taken, and you are never "not exactly what we are looking for". You don't have to look a certain way or be a certain age. You won't have to speak to an assistant or agent. You can speak directly to the director himself. You don't have to be experienced but you MUST believe in your character! You'll have lots of lines and have to be at work everyday, but you won't be the main character.
Sounds like a job for only the most dedicated actors right? Long hours, lots to do, and no recognition? And no mention of pay!!! Oh but the pay is GOOD! The pay is the most beautiful jewels ever seen and a gorgeous crown. Oh and a mansion, yes you get to live in a mansion.
God calls us to be "act-ors"...FAITH act-ors. People living out daily acts of faith. Not for our good or our glory or so that people will "see" us. But so that people will see Him...see His Son Jesus.
And this can be different for everyone. If there is one thing God DOESN'T want us to do, it's feel the need to act out in our faith the same as the next person. He gives us all a different story...a different testimony. I should say testimonIES because He's given me about 10. When people ask me to share my "testimony" I always say "which one?" He gives me testiments of His goodness and faithfulness all the time. And I try to do the same for Him. If in everyday I can find a way to act out in faith and be a "faith actor" then I have done my job.
Fellow "Faith actors":

This man's name is Tom Helling, he calls himself a refurbished sinner, and his companion was John C. Prosser, a legally blind traveling musician. Helling once lived a sinfull life with no hope. Once he accepted Jesus and learned of His love and forgiveness he felt compelled to act out in faith. He travels all across America carrying an 8 foot cross on his back. If he reaches one person with that message of hope and forgiveness that was given to him-then his journey is accomplished.

Noah-He doesn't call everyone up to build an ark for 90 years while people mock and make fun. This was a HUGE act of faith. Can you imagine telling your family that this is what God had asked you to do and that you needed their help? And to continue to work on it for that long while not seeing one drop of rain?
I don't know that God will ever call me up to do something as big as Noah or Tom Helling. I feel that right now my acts of faith are small but I know they are big to God. He gives us all different "ACTing" jobs, but we all have the same script and the same main character. We don't all have the same pay, but the pay is fair and based on how good of a job we do. I don't know about you...but I'm trying to win an award. I want to be the best "actor" I can be!
ACTors WANTED!!! Job starts TODAY!! What do ya say?
No comments:
Post a Comment