Thursday, April 8, 2010

Overcoming Rejection...

We have all faced it right? Rejection is not fun. As women I think we all have one type of rejection that we share. A lot of times is has to do with body image...even the most beautiful women with great figures experience some type of insecurity and feel rejection where their physical appearances are concerned.

I remember reading an article not that long ago that actress Katherine Heigl (who I think is just so pretty) is insecure about her looks and wishes she could look more like Nicole Richey. WHAT?!?

If we could only view ourselves the way God does. To see us as beautiful creatures with beauty inside and out, even first thing in the morning!!! YIKES!

What got my heart stirred up about this was reading my devotional today and just spending some time trying to "listen" to God instead of being the one who talks most of the conversation (this is hard for me).

My devo referenced Romans 12:2-"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

And I just felt like God was speaking to me about my current struggle with my weight and why I have been unsuccessful so many times at changing it. He spoke to my heart not to be concerned with my appearance by the world's standards, but to seek Him and allow myself be transformed from the inside out. The out will happen but only after I allow Him to work on the inside. He can't fix the outside if I won't let him touch the inside. There are things He is wanting to do with me and I am more focused on the appearance than the experience. And after I let him take me through the experience and transform my inside, He can help me work on the outside. Then I will look at myself and see this: good, pleasing and perfect....JUST LIKE HIS WILL! Just like Romans 12:2 says.

If this is something you have struggled with I just encourage you to press in and ask God to reveal His will to you. To open yourself up to what He wants for you. It won't be the same for all of us, but the answers are in the same place! There is always truth in His word!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading everything God places on your heart! YOU ARE A BLESSING TO ALL WHO READ THE THINGS GOD SPEAKS TO YOU.

    Agape Love to you and your family!

    Donna C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ditto"...I feel the same as Aunt Donna, I love you, Victoria, just as you are, you are beautiful inside and out, Moma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful person,mother and wife but, most of all you are a beautiful sister in CHRIST! Love you Victoria... Keep sharing you have a gift! You will never know how much I have needed that word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really touched me when I read your passage about rejection. You are a wonderful person and I thank you for messages that you give. I cried like a baby when I read that. Thank you more than you will ever know. Jessica Berry

    ReplyDelete