Friday, February 5, 2010

"One Month to Live" Day 5

Okay I am gonna go straight into the part that I feel was speaking loudest to me. PHYSICAL HEALTH...Not that I am perfect spiritually, emotionally, or relationally, in fact I am far from it but I do feel overall healthy in those areas. And please know that is not a pat on MY back. God has been so gracious to me in those areas.

Physical health, I sturggle with. The whole time I was reading Day 5 I thinking of two of my good friends, Melissa Doddridge and Vicki Miller. Just over 80 days ago these two ladies asked God to take over their lives physically and give them "real power" to do what they knew was best for them. Since that day God has made a way for them to devote one full hour to exercise DAILY. Okay, some of you may be thinking..."That is not THAT complicated, it's just an hour, God doesn't necessarily have to intervine to make that happen". Well each of these ladies are busy moms to FOUR children, they homeschool their children (which equals kids on top of you ALL DAY) and have husbands who are either working from home (which can sometimes mean more work when it comes to meal times....let's face it, hubbys don't like corny dogs and mac n cheese for lunch!) or working out of town for multiple days at a time. They are busy overwhelmed momas just like the rest of us who don't have time to "take care of ourselves". But when they really just gave it to GOD and gave it their all, they could do it! And they could have done it all along...they just needed to trade in "willpower" for "REAL POWER".

Okay.....so what is my excuse? The closest thing I have done to physical activity in the last 9 months has been asking Jacoby where the resistance bands are? (Besides clean my house and that doesn't really count because I am not doing it for physical benefit). I was using the busy, homeschool mom whose husband works alot excuse until Melissa and Vicki blew is out of the water! In my defense I do eat healthy about 75% of the time, but to be honest...I do that more for my husband and kids. Why is it that we moms care more about our kids bodies than our own? We would never treat our chilrens bodies the way we do ours!

So now that I know, all I have to do is stop making excuses and ask God to help me trade in my "willpower" for His "real power", its time to make a change! I don't have a plan in action other than just simply asking and connecting myself to the source....lets see what we can make happen?

MOMENTS FROM TODAY I WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED IF I ONLY HAD ONE MONTH TO LIVE...
-THE BOYS DANCING BEFORE BED
-THE BOYS ROUGH-HOUSING WITH DADDY (IN OUR HOUSE WE CALL IT "RUFFIN")
-DEACON'S FIRST STRAWBERRY





No comments:

Post a Comment