Today was more "challenging" for us.....no pun intended. Being a risk taker is something a little foreign in this house. I think this is true for many "families". You have kids, you settle down, everything becomes routine and you stop taking risks. You stop taking physical risks (your family needs you), you stop taking financial risk (your family can't afford to), You stop taking spritual risks (your family.....WAIT A MINUTE!!!)...why can't you take spiritual risks with a family? You can!!!! We are the ones who for whatever reasons don't. I'll be the first to admit it. I don't take many spiritual risks. I come into troubles, I pray, I trust God, I move forward, repeat. That is BOR-ING! It's good....prayer is good, trusting God is good, moving forward is good. But there is SO MUCH MORE!
When we came to our "make it count moment" today I told Jacoby I just don't really feel like I have the opportunity to be bold in my faith. I can't think of one situation God has placed me in to take a risk. He has put me in a place to trust Him fully but not just take a risk and go all out for something he has wanted me to do. I was pretty bummed about that. And then I thought....well I haven't exactly asked Him to do that either. So that is what I am doing now and praying for now. I want Him to give me that chance...that opportunity.....to do something BIG for His kingdom. I don't know what it will be or what it will look like but my eyes and ears are open.
One of the questions I was able to answer today was...
"What is your symbol or metaphor to describe what your life would look like if you were fully engaged?My picture is of an ocean. If I was fully engaged, I would be like the ocean...powerful, constantly moving forward, nothing could stop me.
So what picture or symbol would your life look like if you were fully engaged?
No comments:
Post a Comment