Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"One Month to Live" Day 3...

Time...generally (outside of the computer thing)I am a good user of time. I tend to in most situations make the most out of time, making plans for how and when to do things so that my day and my "to-dos" go smoothly and all gets taken care of. I even complete most of my tasks ahead of time. It's not uncommon for me to be ahead of schedule on lots of things. For instance, I ususally plan my children's birthday parties 4 months before the big day so that I am not rushed. I book hotel stays for medical things at least a month ahead of time. I lay out everyone's clothes and put toothpaste on everyone's toothbrush and lay breakfast dishes out the night before (thanks to Ms. Dee on this one). I feel better, more accomplished and less stressed when I plan my "time" well.
I know it must sound like I get lots of busy work done. I do tend to be more of a Martha than a Mary. Overall though I don't feel like I am a "time-waster" of any sorts. I know that I am taking care of things I am supposed to be taking care of and they are all directly related to the things that bring me joy....my husband, children, family, friends and God. I know that I devote quality time to these important people in my life. And I think that is the very reason I experience JOY daily!!!

If feels good to know I am on the right track in this area! :-)

"IF YOU WASTE YOUR TIME YOU WASTE YOUR LIFE"

What things if any do you waste time on? What keeps you from using that time doing something more worthy?

1 comment:

  1. it that style makes us happy and joyful, then it is not a waste of time. it creates a calmness in us that our children will feed off of. Amen sister. we need a lunch date soon. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete