***12/28/10 UPDATE-Braydon had a seizure at 5 am this morning. Keep praying!!! We are believeing God to be healing him completely!!!
Christmas is so many things to so many. To some it's all about family. For others its all about gift exchange and finding that perfect present for someone special in their lives. For some it's about having a wonderful meal in the presence of all your loved ones. For most of my friends and family and for myself, it's all about the birth of our Savior. There has never been a greater gift than the one without the bow and name tag. There has never been a more silent night than the night our Saviour was born; not typically our description of our first night home with baby. There has never been a brighter light, than the one that shone on that dark night. Isn't he birth of our savior amazing? I'm so thankful for the gift of Jesus on that first Christmas. Until this year, no other gift has mattered. While fun and appreciated, the other gifts just aren't important. This year, it looks like we got a special gift. And while Santa makes things magical, GOD goes a step further....MIRACULOUS!!!
On January the 1st of 2010, Braydon had his first seizure. He has had between 1 and 10 seizures a day for 358 consecutive days. On Christmas morning, he had the longest seizure we had ever seen. It would go from being mild to intense and back to mild again. This lasted for 45 minutes. While we physically supported Braydon (to keep him from falling) as he walked around the house aimlessly and talked in incomplete sentences because he was incapable of getting a complete thought out, Jacoby and I took turns being weak and strong. One minute confused with tears in our eyes and doubt in our minds and the next minute encouraging the other through the very same feelings. Little did we know, GOD had a special gift for us that day. This would be the last seizure we would see Braydon have for the next 72 hours and hopefully forever. Braydon hasn't had a seizure since Christmas day. He has not been ONE DAY without a seizure since this all began. We pray that tomorrow is day 3. Please pray for that with us!!! Thousands of Christmases later, He is still in the gift-giving business with the most wonderful presents! It's all about the gifts He gives. Thank you Lord!
There is a song I used to sing (well I guess we still do every once in a while) with Braydon. It's called "Trust and Obey". The words were given to us through his home school curriculum in the bible study section. I made up the tune myself. Those of you who have witnessed my musical ability are laughing your butts off right now. Those of you who haven't just assume I sing and know music REALLY well. ;-) Here goes: "Trust and obey, trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey! (repeat)"
These words have never rang more true than today. Two weeks ago I left a hospital in downtown Houston after being in the presence of one of the most sought after Epileptologist in the country, in one of the best epilepsy centers around. After days of testing, poking, prodding, etc. we left knowing little more of what we knew before and with very little hope (by medical standards) of getting past these seizures. I left their knowing that what they thought was best for my son, I just couldn't do because I had no peace about it. And believe me the looks on the faces of the medical professionals when I told them that made me feel so much better about it all. ;-) But I came home to a husband who believed with me that God just wanted us to wait on Him and fully trust Him with this for a while instead of putting all our hope in medical intervention. So this is what we did and I've never felt so good about a decision. THIS IS TRUST!
For some time now, several months anyhow, there has been an area of disobedience in my life. At this point, the details are between God and me, but when He lets me know to share it with others I will. It's something I knew God wanted changed and it was up to me to do it. For what ever reasons, I fought it...took my time doing it...did it once and then undid it. Why do we go to such greats lengths to hang on to things we know aren't right for us? Whatever they are...toxic friendships/relationships, time-wasters, habits that make us feel better (i.e. shopping, eating, gambling), resentment, unforgiveness, anger...I could go on but I won't. Why do we hang on to these things when God clearly tells us to LET THEM GO! The good news is...on Christmas Eve I let it go, fully, without regret, while asking for forgiveness and allowing God to fill that space that I knew would be there once I let it go...fill it with Him, with His love, with His word, with His work. THIS IS OBEYING!
"Trust and obey, trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey!
The song rings true! I'm not saying these seizures happened due to not trusting or disobedience in any way. I'm not even implying that God couldn't do what he needed to do at any time due to distrust or disobedience. I believe God can perform miracles and produce healing any time He gets ready. But I also know His timing is perfect. He knows when I see Him working in our lives that I will shout it on a rooftop and I won't shut up about it. He likes that about me. He wants to make sure I see the big picture! ;-)
Please be in prayer with us that tomorrow is day 3 of no seizures. That he truly did have his very last seizure on Christmas day. Will keep you all updated. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!
AWESOME! Praise God and we are with you in prayer.
ReplyDeleteA little over 5 years ago last August God gave me a small thought. I was not doing anything in particular but He said in my soul "If my people would trust me and obey me I will take care of them. Wow!!! This song is an old hymn and I remembered this and sing it. Of course I have taken steps backwards many times since that moment but then God in his awesomeness shows me over and over to trust him and be obedient. I will continue in prayers for Brayden and all of you..... Thank you Father for this awesome woman and this man YOU are trusting in to show everyone how wonderful, loving and faithful YOU are.
ReplyDeleteAs I have said before, Braydon is completely well, in GOD'S timing!!!!
How awesome your last post is! We are also agreeing with you in Jesus name. And yes, it is His timing. In Jesus name..Amen, Amen, Amen!
ReplyDelete