Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time to play catch up...

It's been a while since I have had time to blog....Oh let me tell the truth....I have been experiencing major writers block. Like I can't even muster up a paragraph. This is inconvenient considering I started writing a book about ten days ago. LOL. Does this happen to writers? Or is the info always there, cause if it is....maybe this writing thing is not for me! Hmmmm. We'll just wait and see. We have however been busy. Like fun busy though not crazy schedule busy.

The boys and Jacoby and I went to the lake this past weekend for Mother's Day. We took Skippy and we had so much fun. The only un-fun part was Skippy almost drowned but he is ok. He is a lab so he can swim and had been in and out of the water successfully. But then he jumped in off a pier with a leash on and proceeded to swim AROUND the pole! WHAT? It was a high stress moment. But all is well. We went fishing, did paddle boats, a flat-bottom boat, cleaned and cooked our fish and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, built a fire, just hung out and relaxed and had such a good time! Below are pics from our trip.







I have also recently made time to get out and do something with a friend...WITH NO KIDS!...this is something I just don't do but I was so glad I did! Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens in Ft. Worth. It was beautiful. My friend Diane and I share a love for photography and we just spent the day visiting and hanging out and taking pictures. Oh and she introduced me to Costco....now THAT is a good friend huh? I had never been believe it or not. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I think I have my husband talked into joining! Below are pics from the Botanical Gardens.







We were busy with Relay for Life the weekend before.I just wanna say I am so proud of Hopkins County on so many levels. But to be one of the largest fund raising counties in the whole state of Texas every year for the American Cancer Society is really something! Major cities like Dallas and Houston participate in this event every year and we still manage to be one of the top producing fundraisers. Way to go Hopkins County. Here are a few pictures of my family's celebration of life.













As far as Braydon's health...he is doing good. We still haven't seen any changes from the medication. We don't feel like it is correcting the seizure problem at all. Tomorrow we have more lab work done at Dr. Conner's office then to MD Anderson next week. I feel like we will be making necessary changes to the medication then. Please keep him in your prayers! See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. Just love all your pics, especially Relay for Life...glad you got a day for you this week! Lake pics are so cool! Your book will happen, Torsie and it will be awesome! I love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! Wonderful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete