Today we were at MD Anderson for Braydon for Braydon's follow up neurology appt. We were also scheduled to have an EEG but since there were no changes in his seizure activity at home I told them I felt like we would just be spinning our wheels running another one before we see any changes at home. They agreed and we canceled the EEG. All of Braydon's labs looked good. No, better than good....PERFECT! Liver enzymes were normal....CBC looked great! Since the Keppra isn't working to treat the seizures, we discussed trying a new medication. His neurologist decided to "ADD" a medicine instead of replacing the Keppra. Sometimes combination drug treatment is needed for seizures. So we are going to add and med and be on two seizure medications. If we see an improvement in the seizure activity, we will know that either the new med is working or the combination of the two meds is working. At that point I will slowly taper him off the original medication. If the seizures return we will know the combination is working and needed and if they don't return we will know that the new medication is solely responsible for the improvement. Meanwhile we are having labs done at Dr. Conner's office every couple of weeks and we will return to MD Anderson in 8 weeks for follow up, unless something happened and we needed to go sooner. We are praying that doesn't happen. Please be praying for new med to work and MINIMAL SIDE EFFECTS and labs to stay looking good. I also have the following prayer requests:
*Brent from New Jersey-new patient at MD Anderson
*McKaila (sp?) Pickering-patient at MD Anderson. I hear her reports were not good this week
No comments:
Post a Comment