Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thank GOD I'm a Country Boy...

We are fully embracing our new life in the country. In the last three days we have make a composter for our garden, made a plan and researched what kind of chickens we want to buy and I even donned some rubber boots while going to the hardware store! We truly didn't appreciate it when we lived here 5 years ago. We have a new outlook on it now and it feels so right. The thought of a garden, chickens and a dog in our near future really has us excited. Today we went and looked at chickens to educate ourselves on how to take care of them at a friend of ours house. They have had chickens for about a year and sure know more about it than we do. In fact I am sure they had genuine concern for the well-being of our future animals after some of the questions we asked! :-)
We will be spending the next 2 months getting garden beds and chicken coops ready! Yesterday Braydon made a composter with his dad so that we can start making our own compost. We will be growing an organic garden and want to know what is going in our food! Braydon looked like a little man out there working with his Daddy and using a drill all by himself! I was impressed and PROUD! Enjoy the pics...

1 comment:

  1. I never worry about you and all your abilities!! I think you kind-of GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete