Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He cares about the little things....

God, as we all know, can do BIG things. My son is proof of that...he has been healed of cancer at the hands of his Heavenly Father. But just when I start asking God for help with the BIG things, he takes care of those and reminds me he IS concerned with the little things in our lives too.
Before this trip most of you know I got a call from MD Anderson Hospital letting us know that Deacon was not allowed on the premises of the hospital due to H1N1. No children under 12 were allowed-no exceptions, not even a nursing baby who refuses a bottle. Braydon was having 5 appointments including being put to sleep for an MRI that would take place over a course of 7 hours. I obviously was concerned about how we would pull that off. Jacoby would be in the hotel with Deacon but what would we do if he just screamed and cried and refused the pumped bottle. Of course I was going to be with Braydon...he needed me more at this particular time. All the scenarios of what could/would happen were running through my mind. On top of that, the hotel we usually stay at which is connected to the hospital by a sky bridge, was booked and I was unable to get a room, even though I called two weeks before the appt. Everything was just looking stressful and like the trip was not gonna be good.
Not only did our trip go well, it went GREAT. Better than I could have ever imagined. God was in every detail. GOD IS SO GOOD. On the way there we made such good time that we decided to go down to the beach at Galveston for a couple of hours. I got some amazing pictures. We were so impressed with the hotel we unexpectedly ended up at that we plan to stay there from now on. Everything went so smoothly at the hospital with Braydon's appts that we even had an unexpected two hour break between the 3rd and 4th appointments. I got to go back to the hotel and nurse Deacon so there was never a problem with him having to take a bottle. I was able to nurse him right on schedule. GOD IS GOOD.
The MRI which was being conducted to ensure the shunt in Braydon's brain is functioning properly, not only showed the shunt to be functioning properly but that the white matter abnormalities in the brain (caused by chemo) had decreased in size. HAVE I TOLD YOU GOD IS GOOD?! And to top it all off everything went so smoothly the whole day at the hospital that we were done by 3 pm and got to head home a whole day early!
So nothing but good reports again!!! Even though I know how much he loves us I still get blown away by how much he cares about the "little things". Be Blessed friends! Enjoy these pictures from the beach!!!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! Praise the Lord! Thank you for sharing the great things He has done. What a sweet blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful testimony ....beautiful, just like you wonderful Mommy, wife, and daughter. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Was Jacoby able to bring in the air purifier & coolers without shame? lol
    So glad you had a great trip, thanks for the reminder that God cares about the little things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Victoria! I'm so glad things went well. And those are AMAZING photos!! Do you do that professionally?

    ReplyDelete