Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brothers

I am so thankful for two little boys who adore each other so much. I am delighted that they are each other's favorite person. First thing when Braydon wakes up he asks where Deacon is. When Deacon wakes up he starts looking around the room and smiles with pure joy as Braydon dances into his sight. When they play in the floor squeals of delight are music to my ears. Deacon loves to grab Braydon by the shirt or hair and hold on tight to his best friend. And though Braydon complains he always goes back for more kisses even though they are always open-mouthed and involve lots of slobber. And though Deacon fusses when Braydon spends too much time too close to his face, I see a look of gloom take over when Braydon bounces off down the hall to go to his room. Braydon asks every night and can't wait for the day when Deacon can sleep in his bed with him. I know Deacon feels the same way and he just can't say it yet. They are so different yet so much alike. I can't hold one without feeling like I am holding the other.
My prayer is that they are always so involved in each other's lives. That there is never a day they don't talk. That they are never too big to hug each other. May they never let any one come between them and are always each others encouragers, cheerleaders, and accountability partners. May the Lord bless them with too many memories to count and may they be told over and over to their children and grandchildren. Memories that make them laugh, memories that make them cry. I hope they never compare themselves to each other or anyone else. Let them be there own person, yet always have common interest. May they desire live close to each other and have their families together regularly. I pray holidays are always spent together and a big time but not a big production. I hope if things aren't right in their lives, that they go to the Lord first and to each other next. And most importantly I pray that they always know how much they are loved. by God, by their parents, and by each other.


4 comments:

  1. Victoria, That was beautiful. Your children are the wonderful people they are because they have parents who love God first and pour that love right back into their family. Keep doing what you and Jacoby are doing and your blessings will continue to multiply. - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are precious! After having two girls who ADORE each other as well, having a boy has enriched my life just that much more. Boys are so special to their mamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braydon and Deacon are so blessed to have you and Jacoby as parents who give all the glory to God...and they will have an amazing life by your examples of love and faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. This nearly brought tears to my eyes....so beautiful! Your love and thoughts flow so eloquently.....and all I can say is AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete